Amel Ahmed, associate provost for equity and inclusion, invites participation in a new program aimed at advancing faculty diversity at UMass Amherst. The STRIDE Faculty Fellowship provides UMass Amherst faculty with the opportunity to support diversity, equity and inclusion in faculty recruitment.
The fellows program is designed to ensure that the STRIDE Faculty Recruitment Workshops continue to be faculty centered and faculty driven, examining challenges of recruitment in different contexts. This will be a one-year program, with the goal of continued engagement either through STRIDE or other recruitment initiatives developed during the fellowship year. A cohort of 20 faculty representing the range of diversity on campus is expected to be selected. No prior experience with STRIDE is necessary, only a commitment to promoting faculty diversity.
This initiative will complement other efforts of the Office of the Provost to support faculty diversity, harnessing the knowledge and experience of our faculty to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in recruitment.
Applications are welcome from all tenure-track faculty, faculty on continuing appointments and librarians on continuing appointments.
STRIDE Faculty Fellows will:
- Attend a half-day training session in late August 2021
- Co-lead two two-hour STRIDE Workshops over the course of the academic year (AY) 2021-22
- Cultivate faculty members from their colleges/departments to become future STRIDE Faculty Fellows
- Continue engagement with STRIDE or other recruitment initiatives beyond the fellowship year (e.g. as a mentor; facilitator; or advisory board member)
- Receive a $2,000 stipend for the AY 2021-22
To apply, fill out this brief form.
Applications are due by Friday, June 18.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.